Terms and Conditions
foodmate is a specialty frozen food online store with delivery throughout Gauteng.
Visit our About us page for more information about Foodmate.
General Terms and conditions:
- Trading hours are Monday- Friday 7h00 – 16h30
- Use of the website is restricted to persons 18 years and older.
- All information, products and images contained on the website are that of foodmate and may not be copied, displayed, printed or otherwise used in any manner without the prior approval by authorised personnel from foodmate.
Privacy and payment:
- All information relating to payment, delivery address, name and contact details of the user of the website will remain strictly confidential.
- Once the user is ready to effect payment, they will be directed to a secure payment site for the purchase of all items selected.
- Payment can only be made via credit card through the secure portal as mentioned above.
- Payments may be made via Visa and Mastercard only.
- foodmate shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal
information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
- Customer details will be stored by foodmate separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For
more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Orders and delivery:
- For collections, orders are to be collected from 1 Wakefield Road, Foundersview South, Lethabong, Modderfontein, 1609.
- For delivery orders, orders placed prior to 9 am will be delivered during the course of the same day.
- All orders placed after 9 am will be delivered during the next day.
- Delivery vehicles are refrigerated in order to keep stock frozen.
- Customers are to check contents of delivery match order and invoice, as once the invoice is signed it will be deemed as fulfillment of order.
- At the time of collection/delivery, the customer is to indicate whether there is a discrepancy between the order and delivery. If delivered, the driver will then contact foodmate head office and the necessary steps will be taken to fulfill the order if required. If collected, the necessary steps will be taken immediately.
- No cash will be accepted upon delivery. All payments are to be processed through our secure payments portal and delivery will only be actioned when payment is confirmed through the payment portal.
- If the person who placed and paid for the order is not the person who will receive the stock, please indicate this in the relevant section under the “Delivery information” banner.
- For collection and delivery, the customer is to present the invoice/order before stock will be handed over. This is to ensure that the correct person receives the stock ordered.
- All deliveries of orders are subject to receipt of payment.
- The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
- Due to stringent food safety regulations, returns are only permitted in the following cases:
- Incorrect stock supplied
- Stock discolouration/odour
- Packaging broken
- Stock not frozen on delivery/collection
- Short dated stock
- Customers are obliged to check contents of delivery prior to signing the invoice as proof of completion of transaction.
- If the customer is not satisfied with the quality of the product delivered, the customer is to inform the driver who will then contact the foodmate head office. Thereafter the necessary steps will be taken to replace the stock delivered.
- By entering their details when placing an order or creating a profile, customers accept that foodmate may send them promotional materials via email, text, whatsapp or any other forms of media available.
Refunds and returns policy:
- The provision of goods and services by foodmate is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, foodmate will refund the
client in full within 30 days.
Card acquiring and security:
- Card transactions will be acquired for foodmate via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African
Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the
website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency:
- The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is
South African Rand (ZAR).
- foodmate takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website,
customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and foodmate chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under
this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature. Postal address PO Box 80, Bedfordview, 2008.
- foodmate may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- This website is run by New Era Chickens 1 (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa trading as and with registration number 2013/067463/07.